Thursday, May 20, 2010

Quilting Whimsy



My new collection of quilting designs for embroidery sewing machines is moving along very quickly.  Here are some of the stitched out samples, including two large Mega Hoop designs, small designs, borders, and even some contemporary fun things.  Above, my own version of the large design done free motion in the center of a new wall quilt that will showcase the designs like the chickadee, sleeping cat, fronds, rabbit in feathers, formal medallion, pod flower, angel wings, and more.

I've been "off the grid" for two weeks, traveling to help with a family emergency, but am home now and working on my quilt.  One thing I really love about quilting is it helps ease anxiety and gives you a peaceful time to let your mind calm, your body concentrate on the task at hand.

Oliver is glad to see me back home, back in routine, at my machine and doing all my typical daily things. 

I'll try and check the comments and questions you have left and answer all of them, in the posts where you commented.

It's Quilt Market right now so many exciting things are happening in quilting.  I will have a few new products for my June session at Empty Spools (Asilomar) coming up, and I've got some new ideas for this class to try. 

Hope your spring is wonderful, and busy, and full of flowers and sun.

Keep quilting, your work gets better every day!
Diane

12 comments:

SewCalGal said...

I'm really excited to hear about your designs that you are creating for machine embroidery. Can't wait to give them a try. And, I've made it into your June class at Asilomar. I'm so excited!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Diane Gaudynski said...

Sew Cal gal - it will be great to have you in class! I'm so looking forward to another trip to Asilomar this year.

I think I might have to finally unpack that embroidery module for my Bernina 730 and have it stitch some of these out. I was thinking tone on tone for the edge areas of new curtains, the fronds would be terrific....or the feather border.....

The digitizers at OESD did a lovely job, the quilting looks very free motion, not computer generated. They have many other collections for that look. These designs are more organic, which means, I drew them with pencil and paper!

They will be out in September 2010.

Kelly Stodola said...

Hi Diane - so beautiful are your designs! For those of us that do not have embroidery machines, can we use the software in our computers and print out the designs for transfer onto our quilts? Sorry if this is totally a newbie question!

Diane Gaudynski said...

Kelly,
Yes of course you can. I think they come with a printout of every design, but in software they can be sized, rotated, combined to form wonderful new combinations. When I get mine I'll experiment and let you know.

I combined many of them for the small quilt I am finishing now and they look wonderful, and whimsical.

Anonymous said...

I just bought a computer and discovered your blog. What a wealth of information! Your designs are gorgeous and I have been wondering about their availability. Now I know. BTW, when and where will the Paducah museum post your classes for '11? I don't know if I registered in time for Asilomar. I'm really glad you are in the quilting world. Thanks, Jana

Diane Gaudynski said...

The classes should be ready now on the museum's website, or call them: www.quiltmuseum.org

Isn't a new computer great?? I bought a new one yesterday for my husband and have to admit I wanted it for ME.

Anonymous said...

I've taken classes from you before and enjoyed them. Which is why I follow your blog and was glad to hear about the Asilomar information. Both your classes for 2011 have already filled up -- you're the first teacher to fill classes on next year's schedule.

Diane Gaudynski said...

Thanks for the info on my classes, gulp. Hope we all make them fabulous, as it is a group effort I believe.

Unknown said...

Diane,
I just love seeing what new things you have up your sleeves!
A very big fan,
Linda M. Poole

Diane Gaudynski said...

Linda, Thanks so much! I get talked into things over nice lunches, that's all I can say....!

Unknown said...

I searched for your designs on the OESD site, but did not find them. When will designs be available?

Diane Gaudynski said...

Rosa, it is available now, I saw it for sale at a quilt show last week. Go to www.berninausa.com and scroll down, you'll see it listed there. They have a gorgeous project with instructions too for a small quilt using the designs. I saw it at the show and it was breathtaking! Your dealer of OESD designs could get it for you now too. I think their website doesn't have it yet, but Bernina does, and it is multiformat.