Thursday, August 20, 2009

New Hats

New hats....sometimes it's pure fun and self-indulgence to shop for a frivolous item like a hat. A lovely outdoor summer wedding is coming up this weekend, so I decided to give in and buy a big straw hat. Whether I actually wear it or not is up for last-minute decisions, but the small expense of it compared to the fun I had picking it out is so worth it. While I was trying them all on and enjoying every minute of it, I discovered this sumptious felt cloche style hat with the cabbage rose that had to come home with me as well.

I may never wear it, but have plans of covering bad hair if need be, accenting my jeans and turtleneck fall outfits with this hat just to make a statement and enjoy the fact that I can wear a hat if I want to. I never thought being older would be so liberating!

Below, Cynthia, Susie and Marty are working hard in the class held at the National Quilt Museum. The entire class at work shows you the classroom, size, and how relaxed everyone was while working quietly, or gathering together around me and my machine for some instruction for all. Hope to see some of you there next year.




Until then, keep quilting! Your work gets better every day.
Diane










3 comments:

Lyn Armstrong said...

Trying on hats is so addictive, and good for you that you bought two!

Dena said...

Nice hats!

Diane Gaudynski said...

Thanks.....I may never wear them, although I do plan on the one for the wedding, but the fun I had trying them on, deciding, buying them, all was inexpensive entertainment. Maybe I'll wear one for my next book photo, or on second thought, maybe not......